Minimize Material Imbalance and improve Data Quality with Software-Based Reconciliation and Measurement Audits
Emerson Automation Solutions / Shorou International / Pimsoft
Achieve significant improvement in Material Imbalances thorough the use of high edge technology for Data Reconciliation and Measurement Audits. How to keep imbalances at their minimum? Join our technology experts as they present:
- The use of Sigmafine on-line data reconciliation software for calculating a correction for each measurement point to close the material balance.
- Comparison of the calculated correction with a defined permissible limit to identify and continuously monitor the poorly performing measurement points.
- Measurement audits to assure quality of the acquired measurement data and identify errors and significant sources of uncertainty.
- Data reconciliation to identify the root causes of observed imbalances, monitor the measurement system performance, and schedule maintenance of measurement instruments.
- An insight into how an Export Terminal imbalance investigation was conducted and solved using measurement audit:
- Problem: High material imbalance was observed at propane and butane storage, and export facilities
- Solution: Measurement audit revealed that the imbalance was due to inaccurate Meter Factors being accepted following uncontrolled proving activities, and poor performance of the existing rundown meters. Application of Sigmafine data reconciliation software detects the poor performing measurement points.
- Results: It was recommended to replace the flow meters and passing valves. 32 meters of different sizes were replaced by Micro Motion Elite series, and imbalance was improved by 4 %.
October 19, 2022
Metrology Services Manager
Hosam Ismail is a Metrology Services Manager at Emerson. He is a Chartered Engineer with 20+ Years of Experience in Flow Measurement.
Emerson Automation Solutions
Emerson Automation Solutions is a leader in helping process and discrete manufacturers automate and optimize production processes through our best-in-class technologies and industry expertise. We have the most complete automation portfolio in the industry with the depth of services to back it up. Our network of global industry centers and industry and application experts take on the toughest challenges. Anytime. Anywhere.
Sheethal Francis is the Project Manager at Shorou International delivering Business Process Automation solutions to harness the power of real time data extracted from various data sources, control systems and instruments. These technology implementations and advanced analytics empowers business users with Digital Transformation using data applications across the various departments of an organization for better monitoring and tracking of business operations across the Oil and Gas sector in the Middle East. She holds a degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Business Administration and is a certified Project Management Professional.
Shorou International, based in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E, is a specialized solution and Engineering service provider focusing on advanced automation and asset management of all major industries with special focus on Oil & Gas and Utility & Power sectors. Our technical know-how makes us a trusted supplier and system integrator with service coverage even for Government entities.
At Shorou International, our professional team has specialized business and technical experience which enables us to tackle business challenges for our clients with ease and efficiency.
We are passionate about our local and international clients and their business transformations which is why we collaborate comprehensive business models with innovative products and technology across highly flexible and secure platforms.