Sigmafine Extension - Quality Tracking
Track and infer in one step, a unique capability
The Quality Tracking Extension tracks the qualities of material batches in streams, tanks, and pipelines from the source to the destination to supply an estimation when the direct physical measurement is not available either due to a lack of instrumentation or delay in data retrieval. It leverages external information such as laboratory analyses, gauging reports, transfers in and out of a given tank within a set time frame to generate incremental information such as composition changes, density, viscosity, impurity content, and any other user-defined, mathematically predictable, property related to mixing and blending operations.
- Supported Mixing models: Baffled, Well-Mixed, Make-up/Purge, Line/FIFO, and LIFO
- Fully configurable inside PI Asset Framework and ready to be used with an already configured Sigmafine balance and Composition tracking
- No limit in the number or type of physical properties that can be estimated
- Fully customizable blending rules, either linear or non-linear
- Supports both mass and volume basis calculations
- Runs on selected balance points in a model and stores the intermediate results for further analysis
- Extends the capabilities of Composition Tracking analysis from material quantities to their associated physical properties
- Calculation of properties (e.g. density) is more accurate as it takes into account the history of mixing and what is currently happening in the plant in terms of material movements
- Can handle complex processes where multiple raw materials are combined, mixed even in case of simultaneous feed and withdrawal from the same inventory
- Better insights on the plant status when field or laboratory data are not available to support operations
- Support planning and logistics management by providing accurate and up-to-date monitoring of material properties in the different sections of the plant
- Reduced operational and logistics-related costs
Get started today!
Start your journey in the transformation of streaming data & events into Digital Assets. Contact us or Schedule an Enquiry with our specialists.